In what seems like a completely unnecessary gesture to get you to keep playing SWTOR, BioWare is offering players who stay after the first month a “Founders” title and in-game medal. Now normally I would’ve thought this was pretty cool. I got a badge for my Team Fortress 2 characters that says I played in the beta way back in the day, considering how large the game has gotten its actually kind of a rare and neat thing to have. But this award feels little weird, I’ll explain after the jump.
You should probably first read BioWare’s terms to getting the badge and title first:
To receive the Founder’s Medal…
- Purchase Star Wars: The Old Republic and redeem your official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.
- Complete one of the following transactions by March 19th, 2012 (12:01AM EST; Pacific: March 18th, 9:01PM PST; European: 4:01AM GMT, 5:01AM CET):
- Billed at least once for an active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription
- Redeemed a Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Time Code
- Once you become eligible for the title and have surpassed your 30 days of game time included with your official Game Product Registration Code, you will be notified by email.
- Check your in-game mail for a message from “Star Wars: The Old Republic”. Your Founder’s Medal will be attached to this message.
- Place your Founder’s Medal in your Inventory and right-click the medal to unlock your “Founder” title. (TIP: You can choose to show the Founder’s title or any other title you’ve earned in-game by opening your character sheet and selecting a title from the character name drop down. Once applied, the title will show next to your character name on your nameplate.)
- This title is permanently bound to your account and will carry over to any character you make in the future.