The best quest in Skyrim is “A Night to Remember”, hands down! After drinking with Sam Guevenne and blacking out, you will be whisked across Skyrim in a mission to find out what happened. Think “The Hangover” meets Skyrim. Hit the jump for a quick guide to finding and beating it!
- Go to all of the major cities taverns, most are right by the entrance of the town
- Eventually will meet Sam Guevenne, who will challenge you to a drinking contest
- After taking 3 drinks (offscreen), you will black-out and wake up in a temple
- Pick up the items strewn about the temple and give them to the priestess
- Go to Rorikstead and talk to Ennis
- You can Persuade, Intimidate or even bribe your way through this part
- If you can’t, you will need to get his goat back for him, you may need to fight a giant
- Head to Whiterun and find Ysolda, usually in the tavern
- Again you can persuade, intimidate or bribe
- If you can’t you will need to travel out to witchgrove to see your bride-to-be Moira
- fun fact: Moira is the name of the survival guide writer you meet in Fallout 3
- Then travel to Morvunskar. Take out all of the dark mages and enter the castle
- Once inside the castle, defeat more dark mages. I recommend taking out the shock magic mage (electromage) first, she does the most damage.
- Go to the top of the staircase inside and a portal will open up next to the throne.
- You will enter a mystical grove. Talk to Sam again and he will reveal himself to be the Daedric prince of mischieft: Sanguine.
- You will be teleported back to the bar where you started, quest complete!